Wednesday, October 7, 2009

Tremendous hair loss?

I am 29, F, moved from India to USA. I had thick long hair while in India and now all I have is a sorry fraction of what I did, three years back. I have got all hormone tests done, started using shampoos with no SLS, used various oils etc but my problems are not resolved.



My symptoms:



1. I have dry scaly dandruff, white in color with large flakes. Nothing seems to cure this.



2. I have hair loss- hair which just falls from the roots with no stimulus-i.e, no combing or brushing required, hair just falls. Hair loss is unbearable after I wash my hair.



3. I also started getting painful acne at age 27 when I hever had acne as a teenager.



What could be the cause? I have been to numerous dermatologists and no one has been able to determine the cause. It is not genetic as my parents and grandparents didnt have ny of these problems. I do not use any chemicals on my hair, do not use a blow drier or hair products. Is it the water in USA?



Your help is appreicated.



Thanks



Tremendous hair loss?

I have included a link to a condition called telogen effluvium, maybe it will help.



The derm doc I used to work for recommended that women with this condition increase their dietary protein and take B complex vitamins. It seemed to help quite a bit.



Tremendous hair loss?

Hi, i m from delhi, I had taken calcium pentonate tablet 100 mg twice for couple of months and now i have good hair growth and no hair fall. Try this and try putting warm olive oil. maybe yogurt with lil lemon jiuce on the head might get rid of white flakes. All the best, Meanwhile you can also refer to this....

No comments:

Post a Comment